Thanks to PepeSearch for linking to the 4th World!
- Bryan Woodworth's HeavenlyWeb. The original Heavenly site and truly a labour of love, it has clips, images, and sounds galore, plus the unique tale of Bryan's letter to Melanie Lynskey (which she answered!) After being taken down and put up a few times, it's now hosted by Brazil's Juliana Bastos and is located here.
- NZ's Canterbury Public Library has put a large cross section of their historical archives on the web, including material on the Parker/Hulme case. Original newspaper clippings and photos in multiple formats.
- Anthony Larme visited Christchurch in order to view as many HC sites as he could. The result is an amazing travel site: "Heavenly Christchurch". You can find it here, or here. He found everything and has the photos to prove it!
- Read the complete script for HC at AwesomeFilm.com.
HC Fan Tributes and Writings:
- Netta Justice discussed themes in HC in her final year school dissertation at Cambridge, where she was studying film and communication. The overall topic was the representation of women in Australian and New Zealand films. And lucky for us, she was happy to share her writing! Here is the relevant portion, saved as both a Word file (50k) and in PDF format (40k).
- Ellyssa Kroski's Carfax Abbey is an exhaustive compendium of horror film info including broadcast times for those that are about to hit the airwaves. Ellyssa's a big HC fan and has linked to this site, so check out the Abbey... if you dare!
- Ted Stroll in Oakland, California actually went to Christchurch NZ and visited Victoria Park. He has a couple of pictures (along with a great HC essay) on his site - definitely worth a look!
- Jeroen has a fine page of HC Widescreen Frame Grabs.
- Juliana also runs the Borovnian Archives, a treasure trove of HC appreciation, images, info, sounds, and goodies. There's also a database of the members of the HC Mailing List. And hey! HeavenlyWeb (see above) is there, too!
- AbbaGirl runs both an HC and a Kate site. Check 'em both out!
- The HC Fan Fiction and Art page run by EmpressDeborah is ambitious and definitely worth a look... and a contribution!
- King Arthur's HC site is also noteworthy. His is truly a storehouse of great HC material, including a screensaver, the script, and some historical pictures of the real people that are not available on my site. Great stuff!
- Ann Brunning is MAD about HC, and her snazzy-looking little site does an excellent job of explaining why (like many more recent converts, it was Kate's Titanic performance that first hooked her).
- Biron has built a Key to the 4th World site.
- And this is the extensive Heavenly Creatures Webhome operated by EnglishPatient.
Reviews on the Web:
(Also see the extensive review collection in The Library.)
Sites devoted to the work of the real-life Juliet Hulme, mystery novelist Anne Perry.
Here's just a few of the many, many Kate sites out there. A complete list is available at Yahoo.
- Lynskeyium2005 has a site that's chock-full of great info and pics: Loving-Lynskey.
- Isabella's Out Of Borovnia celebrates Melanie's burgeoning career.
- Thaiphong Vo's Melanie Lynskey website is very well designed. Not updated in a while but good stuff to be found nonetheless.
- HeavenlyWeb's Melanie Lynskey InfoCentre, although outdated, contains a unique gem: Bryan Woodworth's letter to Melanie... and her hand-written reply!
- Here's the site for Foreign Correspondents, Melanie's 1999 indie film now available for purchase!
- Mario Lanza, the girls' favorite singer, has a bio at the BMG Classics site.