Resident Companies

The Pantages Theatre is home to three resident companies:

City Opera of Vancouver, a professional chamber opera company presenting Monteverdi to Mozart to contemporary opera. Pauline is its first commission, starring Judith Forst, with music by Christos Hatzis and libretto by Margaret Atwood.

www.cityoperavancouver.com

Vancouver Cantonese Theatre, a community company presenting the richness of the Chinese opera tradition, with full orchestra, authentic singing and costumes, and English supertitles.

www.vancanopera.com

Vancouver Moving Theatre, a professionally-led and community-based theatre organization active for more than 25 years, and a leader in The Shadows project and The Heart of the City Festival.

www.vancouvermovingtheatre.com

Additionally, CBC Radio will take full advantage of the Pantages’ superb acoustics for recording, broadcast and concert purposes. The UBC School of Drama has also accepted a special residency at the theatre, as has the SFU School for the Contemporary Arts.

Resident organizations will occupy 20% of the theatre’s dates. The other 80% are available for rental.

The theatre will be available at special community rates for neighbourhood meetings, presentations, musicals, opera, and drama.

The theatre will also be available at professional rates for professional and road companies, and for film and television work.